Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stonehenge and Wales

Unfortunately, today we're experiencing very slow connection rates at the Penarth, Wales Starbucks (router is in the basement) so the photos will be of a lesser quality and there shall be no video. You will also not see all of the 350 Stonehenge photos that we were hoping to share.




We believe that this one of the methods employed by the Druids:


There wasn't a sign saying not to do this:

Actually, we discovered that this whole Stonehenge thing is a hoax. The British Army employs CH-47 Chinooks to ferry the rocks in from the Welsh Coast using slings.


Now, off to the coast along the south of Wales to explore our Davies heritage (Dennis' great grandfather).




Just like Daytona!


We found a B&B at 8:30.


No restaurants for kids at 9:00, so dinner is in the room tonight!


By the way, where are all the comments, people??????

6 comments:

  1. Nice shots. I particularly like the Chinook slingloading Stonehenge. Of course I don't see the sling, but you don't see them around here either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am usually good for a comment or two, but I have cut back on my alcohol consumption. I am very pleased to see my favorite people in the world visiting such awesome places with smiles plastered on their faces. Wish we were with you guys. Mel is at work and I am about to start on yet another project. Much love to ye all. Oh yeah, when you get back from these places of my ancestors, I would appreciate if you could tell me where the "piss" came from and where the "vinegar" came from. I gotta know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide whether I like the family reenactment of the Druid methods, or the headstand by Dennis better, both are impressive. Looks like you guys are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like u guys R having a great time. Thought i'd see Dennis wearing a long black robe. Druid begins with D doesn't it?. lets see, Dennis Damian Druid Fruhwirth. it fits, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics-looks like a lot of fun! Cant wait to see what the signs don't say you cant do in Germany. Seema & Sanjay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry dude. Slingloads are broke.

    ReplyDelete